Improve your experience with google summer internship and achieve your dream job in the field of computer programming. In this article we will explain in detail about google summer internship, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
Google Summer Internship 2022 is open to international students from all over the world. The duration of the internship is three months. Google Summer of Code will provide minimum 1500 USD Stipend and maximum 3300 USD Stipend depending on your country and certificate at the end.
Google Summer of Code Internship is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. Students work with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during their break from school.
Spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning a stipend! Accepted students work with a mentor and become a part of the open source community. Many become lifetime open source developers. Google Summer of Code is open to university students, age 18 and older in most countries.
Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on introducing students to open source software development. Students work on a 10 week programming project with an open source organization during their break from a post secondary academic program.
Since its inception in 2005, the program has brought together 16,000+ student participants and 13,000 mentors from over 118 countries worldwide. Google Summer of Code has produced 38,000,000+ lines of code for 715 open source organizations.
Also apply for: Microsoft Internship (Free Verified Certificate)
As a part of Google Summer of Code, student participants are paired with a mentor from the participating organizations, gaining exposure to real-world software development and techniques. Students have the opportunity to spend the break between their school semesters earning a stipend while working in areas related to their interests.
In turn, the participating organizations are able to identify and bring in new developers who implement new features and hopefully continue to contribute to open source even after the program is over. Most importantly, more code is created and released for the use and benefit of all.
This is a remote (work from home) internship. All development occurs online; there is no requirement to travel as part of the program.
Google Internship Summary
- Institution(s): Google
- Location: Online (Virtual)
- Internship Focused Areas: Programming
- Internship Period: Internship period is three months.
- Internship Deadline: April 19, 2022. You can check the complete timeline from here.
Google Summer Internship Benefits
Google Summer Internship will provide following benefits:
- Minimum 1500 USD Stipend & Maximum 3300 USD Stipend depending on your country. Check here.
- Working with Big International Companies
- Get Certificates at the End
Note: Stipends are paid in two parts, one after each successful evaluation.
- First Evaluation (paid July 19): 45%
- Final Evaluation (paid September 1): 55%
Also apply for: CERN Short Term Internship (paid)
Eligibility Criteria for Google Summer Internship
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Google Summer Internship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- You must be at least 18 years of age when you register
- You must be enrolled in or accepted into a post-secondary academic program, including a college, university, masters program, PhD program, undergraduate program, licensed coding school or similar type of program as of May 17, 2022 or have graduated from the program between December 1, 2021 and May 17, 2022.
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program.
- You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC two or more times.
- You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States. See Program Rules for more information.
How does Google Summer Internship works?
Students contact the mentor organizations they want to work with and write up a project proposal for the summer. If accepted, students spend a month integrating with their organizations prior to the start of coding. Students then have three months to code, meeting the deadlines agreed upon with their mentors.
Open source projects apply to be mentor organizations. Once accepted, organizations discuss possible ideas with students and then decide on the proposals they wish to mentor for the summer. They provide mentors to help guide each student through the program.
Existing contributors with the organizations can choose to mentor a student project. Mentors and students work together to determine appropriate milestones and requirements for the summer. Mentor interaction is a vital part of the program.
Also check: KAUST Internship | Fully Funded
How to Apply for Google Summer Internship?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Google Summer Internship:
- Create an account on Google Summer of Code (GSoc).
- Submit the online application before the deadline.
- Prepare your proposal for the project.
Tips for Google Summer Internship Application:
- All the projects are open-source. Start contributing to them even while you are applying, and after you have applied. Also, stay in touch with the community once you have applied. This shows the organizations your level of interest and dedication towards them.
- Write a detailed proposal. What you are planning to do. How are you planning to do it? The best approach you have in mind for something. Also, propose additional features in the project while writing your proposal.
- Write your proposal in drafts and keep improving it. Never submit your proposal directly to the organization. Mentors are there to help you in the process. You should definitely ask them to review your project proposal. They have a better insight into the project and can help you make your proposal the best.
To know more about Google Summer Internship, please visit official website: